I am the person that will be helping you today.
May I ask for the brand and model name of your computer?
I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
In that case, you may be able to restore the laptop back to factory defaults. Doing so, will erase everything on the computer and reinstall Windows 8 onto the computer. Keep in mind that when you do this, it will erase everything on the laptop.
- Turn the computer off and on.
- Start tapping the F2 key.
- When the menu comes up, choose One Key Recovery or Restore to Defaults.
- Run through the restore and all will be restored.
Once you are done with that, please report back with your status.
I am sorry, there is no way to do that without erasing the files. You may wish to backup the files first. You can plug the hard drive into a usb adapter that can be plugged into a computer so you can first copy the files. Another option is that you can run a Bootable Live CD. Once it boots into the Live CD, you will be able to mount the hard drive and then copy files to a flash drive or external drive.
If you wish to use the live cd option, do the following:
- Click the following link: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download - Download the CD image from that website and save it - Burn the ISO image to a cd with your current CD burning software.
- ---- If you do not have burning software, you can download free burning software from the following site: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/download
- When you burn the image, do not burn it as a simple data file. First you will open the CD burning application, choose to OPEN the ISO that you downloaded earlier, and then burn that Image.
Now you can boot from that burned CD and choose to "TEST IT OUT FIRST". Do not choose to Install it or it will erase files. After it boots up the test option, you will be able to copy files from the drive to the flash drive. If you have problems with doing this, I can remote in and help.
You are very welcome. You may have to wait until you get your hands on a working computer.