Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

I cant seem to find my disc computer, I kept it on weeks and

Customer Question

I cant seem to find my disc for my computer, I kept it on for 2 weeks and now I have a blue screen that I can not come out of. It has a message that states "your pc did not start correctly" but restarting only brings me back to this blue screen.
Is there something on line that I can do to tell me how to get unstuck
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. What is the make and the model of your machine and is the a desktop or laptop computer or all in one?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
desk top all in one model zx49706

Ok and what is the manufacturer name?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
well I would love for you to take over but I can not get off this bule screen and I am using another computer to communicate with you. the name is gateway
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are ;you there ???

Ok can you shut the computer in question off and then turn it back on and when you see the gateway logo push the alt and the f10 key together let me know what comes up on your screen.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
came right back on to the same screen

Ok you have to be quick this time hold down the alt key and then push F10 repeatidly, You will want to do this as soon as you turn the machine on push and hold the alt key while doing so push f10 repeatidly. If a recovery option does not come on you will need to be contacting gateway to order the recovery software that originally came with your machine or you would need to order it online.

Have you gotten anything yet on the screen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have gotten to the BIOS utility setup but what do I do with this page I do not understand it

Ok so you didn't get anything with alt and f10 it sounds like you are going to need the recovery disk you should not have gotten the bios utility setup. You would need to either order the disk from this site to repair your machine, ​http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/

Or you would need to call(###) ###-####and ask for the recovery software for your machine. The built in recovery program seems to be corrupt since it's not pulling up using those keys.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
f7 load user defalt settings
f8 save as user defalt settings
f9 load user default settings
f10 save and exit set up
esc exit
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what option should I use

Once you have the software you would just need to restart the machine after the disk is in the machine it would auto load. I would choose esc for exit you don't want to mess with the bios settings.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you can not tell me what to do from this point , I mean what does these options mean can I pick one

No those options have you change the bios chip settings that control the computers motherboard itself it has nothing to do with the operating system windows. If you are not getting system recovery using the alt and the f10 key you are not in the right place and if it's not loading the software that is supposed to be built in you will need it sent to you to do the recovery from gateway.

The other thing you can try instead of alt and f10 together is just f10 but like I said if you can't get the system recovery to boot there is a big problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks

You are welcome.

Please don't forget to leave positive feedback 3 stars or higher for my time and information it's how I am compensated. Thank you.