Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have not rceived the answer to the question on the flash

Customer Question

I have not rceived the answer to the question on the flash drive transfer to a new computer but you say the subject is completed 7/10/2016***@******.***, username is Customer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Hi William. Please check your email. I sent you my number.

Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. From your computer, please click the link below (after reading this). On the new page, click the green I Agree button and the connection download will begin. When the file has downloaded (Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) select Run or Open. If Windows asks, Allow changes to be made. When the file has loaded we should be connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ee753c7d-f347-4b63-862b-e04df00b9fda

Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

You there William?

Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Please reply in the box below and click Send

Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Are you available today, William?

Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

Hi William, please do this:

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your computer. Windows 10 will assign it a drive letter, similar to your C: drive.

The letter assigned depends on your hardware but will most likely be E: or F:

Click the start button and open File Explorer

Scroll through the items on the left side of the File Explorer window and locate your flash drive

and left-click on it one time.

You will then see the contents (files and folders) of the flash drive on the right side of the screen.

Right-click on any file and from the menu select Copy (this moves the file to system memory, temporarily)

You won't see any change on your screen as the file is copied to memory.

Then, go to the folder where you want to place the file. For this example let's assume you want to put the file in your Documents folder.

In File Explorer scroll through the items on the left side of the screen and left click Documents once.

You'll see your files on the right side of the screen. Using your mouse, hold the mouse cursor over an empty space and right-click.

From the menu, select Paste. This will copy the selected file into your Documents folder.

There are many ways to move files around in Windows and I'd like to connect to your PC and show you the various ways it's done.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you Byron for your answer to the flash drive procedure.
I am ready to plug in the flash drive with data fom the Windows Vista PC USB 2.0 port to the Windows 10 PC 2.0 port following your instructions. I will go ahead and procede with your solution and let you know what the results are.
***** ***** ***@******.***,(###) ###-####
Expert:  Byron replied 8 months ago.

OK William. Thanks for the update.