Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I forgot my password to log into my computer and under the

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** log into my computer and under the guest profile I don't have access to the internet. Help please!
JA: Have you done a bandwidth test?
Customer: How do I do that?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just restarting it and trying different passwords
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, that would be it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me which version of Windows you have on your computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I have windows 7
Expert:  Byron replied 4 months ago.

Thanks. Let me open your question up to the rest of the experts. You'll receive an email notification

when one responds.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Did you actually forget your password? Or, is t he password ***** used to use no longer working?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I forgot the password. I haven't used the computer in few months.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Understood.. In that case, you will either have to factory restore the computer, which I can help you do. That will wipe out all your files, photos, and data stored on the computer.

Or, we will need to create a password ***** disk.. You will need a blank cd.. And then you will need to go to this website and download and run the live cd creator so it creates the cd

http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

Once the cd is created, boot the computer from the cd and follow the steps in the guide on that page to reset the password.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.