Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I forgot my password to log into my computer and under the

Customer Question

I forgot my password ***** log into my computer and under the guest profile I don't have access to the internet. Help please!
JA: Have you done a bandwidth test?
Customer: How do I do that?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just restarting it and trying different passwords
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, that would be it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Can you tell me which version of Windows you have on your computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I have windows 7
Expert:  Byron replied 3 months ago.

Thanks. Let me open your question up to the rest of the experts. You'll receive an email notification

when one responds.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Did you actually forget your password? Or, is t he password ***** used to use no longer working?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I forgot the password. I haven't used the computer in few months.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Understood.. In that case, you will either have to factory restore the computer, which I can help you do. That will wipe out all your files, photos, and data stored on the computer.

Or, we will need to create a password ***** disk.. You will need a blank cd.. And then you will need to go to this website and download and run the live cd creator so it creates the cd

Once the cd is created, boot the computer from the cd and follow the steps in the guide on that page to reset the password.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.