GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

The 6 way I had computer plugged into crapped out and got

Customer Question

The 6 way I had computer plugged into crapped out and got message your computer needs to be repaired file:\windows\system\config\system error code 0xc000014c...only cd I got is Lenovo win8.1drivers pack v1.9for consumer desktop, does not do anything....what do I need to get computer running again??
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Can you tell me the model number of your Lenovo please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
5 h Series
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information. I apologize for the delay in responding. Please give me just a moment to pull up detailed info on that model.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

You can restore the C: drive of the computer to factory default settings or to the last system backup status using OneKey Recovery. If you do this, all of the existing data on drive C: will be lost.

Steps are as follow:
1. Repeatedly press and release the F2 key after turning on the computer until the Lenovo Rescue System opens, then select OneKey Recovery.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to select the backup task you want to restore from and the disk where you want to install the operating system, then press Next to start the restore.
3. Please wait during the process of system recovery. Do not interrupt the operation during the recovery process.
4. After the system is recovered successfully, the software will prompt you to restart the computer. Restart the computer and start the operating system.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How are u gonna do that? Computer shuts off
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please disregard the automated offers that pop up. They are not from me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have no access to anything
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What # ***** I call to cancel?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

You said that when the computer turns on you get an error message. What we are going to to do is start pressing and releasing the F2 button repeatedly to get into recovery mode before it gets to that error.

I'm attaching a link to the user manual for this model, in the hopes that it will be helpful in conjunction with my instructions:

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.