Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My Lenovo ideacentre keyboard & mouse quit working

Customer Question

My Lenovo ideacentre keyboard & mouse quit working yesterday. I have replaced the batteries with new ones several times (yes, I put them in correctly) and they still will not work. These units were just purchased in December of 2015. Help! Is there a "toggle" switch somewhere that I am missing?
Thank you,
Denise Fugere (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The keyboard and mouse you have, whats the full name brand and model of that keyboard and mouse?

Such as logitech K780, etc.. Thank you,

Dustin S

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It came with my Lenovo ideacentre B750. I have no idea.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the bottom of the mouse has writing too small to read, no magnifier here. keyboard is SK8861 Model#
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, have to leave the convo...j
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

My apologies for the delay.

So I can help you with specific steps and instructions, I need you to look on the mouse and keyboard, possibly on the bottom on a sticker or maybe even under the mouse battery.. We need a model number and hopefully a name brand that way I can guide you throught the likely fixes.

Sometimes to fix the issue we need to press and hold the sync button on the USB wireless receiver, the small usb piece on the computer that receives the mouse and keyboard signal.

Other times, with Bluetooth mouse and keyboard sets, we need to press the pair button on the mouse and keyboard, and then open the bluetooth devices window on the computer and pair the computer to the device.

Its near impossible for me to be any more specific without knowing the name brand and model of the mouse / keyboard.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.