Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

On my ASUS G75vw there is a 24 wire ribbon cable that

Customer Question

On my ASUS G75vw there is a 24 wire ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard. on the motherboard there is a very small connector for the ribbon cable, that utilizes a cam.clamping actio to hold the ribbon and make connection, The moveable piece of the connector/clamp broke. Can I get a replacement?Additionally, there is no indication of life on the monitor yet the system seems to boot and attach to my wireless network. Can this be related to the above ribbon cable?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you lost the connector lock. These connectors are not available online as they are not available as a spare parts you will have to check with laptop motherboard repair technician who can remove the connector from a non working motherboard. If you can click a picture and post it here i will be able to identify the correct connector and then i can suggest you a fix.