Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

I tack to one of micrsoft pepole ,and i got that site to

Customer Question

i tack to one of micrsoft pepole ,and i got that site to proteck my computer , then she said one of the teck well finsh the job on the 6 of july , he well call me betiwn 9 o-till 11 am i never got the call , and i dont know what to do i out here in the rain , what happen my name i edward fiscaro at***@******.*** pleas help , i tough you were the best
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

This website is called and allows you to pay to get advice from a computer professional such as myself.

It sounds like you were most likely victim of a scam.

This person was not working for Microsoft and Microsoft would never call you for no reason or if you just saw a pop up on your screen with a phone number and you called it is a scam. Usually the person you speak to will be hard to understand and have an Indian accent.

Basically what they will do is call a lot of phone numbers or get people to call them and say that you have problems. Any actual computer problems you have will be entirely coincidental. Usually what they will do is show you the windows error log which always shows a lot of errors but these are normal and on all windows computers, they are not viruses.

Next they log onto your computer and lie to you about the numerous problems they pretend to find. Next they will attempt to get you to pay a few hundred dollars to "fix" the issues when in fact they actually do nothing.

Here is what Microsoft says on the subject:

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever call you. Your computer does not report to Microsoft or any other company so if any tech support person calls you can trust it is a scam and just hang up.

I would suggest you call your bank and get the charges reversed.

If you need further help please let me know.

Thank you,