Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have tried twice today to install the free Windows 10,

Customer Question

I have tried twice today to install the free Windows 10, upgrading from Windows 7 Professional (8.1 upgraded). Each time it confirms my computer has the requisite capability and o/s. The process, each time goes all the way to 97% complete when a message appears "attempting to ....?" immediately followed by "Restoring to your previous version of Windows".
I use Firefox as the browser and have Avast as my Security.
It is a Lenovo "ThinkPad" wireless connection to a very recent Shaw (Cisco) combination Modem/Router
What is the problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you tell me the complete message, which you get before it tries to restore to the previous version ?