Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have lost my original password which I need to update

Customer Question

I have lost my original password ***** I need to update Adobe Flash player.
I purchased the computer on April 12, 2014. It is a ME086LL/A Serial number
CO2MDGSMF8J2. Any help will be helpful.
Thank You,
Austin Hathaway ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 10 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Is it a Windows or Mac machine ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Mac

If you click OK on the password ***** without entering any password ***** happens ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It will not open.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No thank you.

Okay, which version of Mac you are using ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Safari, AOL?

The Mac OSX version, like Mavericks, Yosemitte, Capitan etc

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
With my original question I included the part number and serial number. I cannot answer your question on version.

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen. From there, you can click 'About this Mac'. You'll now see a window in the middle of your screen with information about the Mac you're using.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Macintosh HD

I think without remotely accessing the system I can't make any progress. So please let me opt out and open this question for other experts.

regards

Jins

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

the flash player should not have its own password.

the password ***** you need is the admin password ***** the mac. It should be the same one that you use to log on to the mac or to install anything on the mac

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
your answer is wrong. It is not the same. Thanks anyway

what exactly is the message that you receive when you do exactly what ?

Because i have never seen the flash player ask for a password. It is a free program there would not be much use for needing a password ***** you can just download another copy for free.

so something else is asking for a password. it might be the mac. it might be another program that uses the flash player. Or it might not be the flash player at all but some other player or another program from adobe.