Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have had an SBCglobal E-mail address and years, but when

Customer Question

I have had an SBCglobal E-mail address for years and years, but when Windows 10 downloaded itself onto my computer without my permission, my login info was corrupted and now no password ***** have on file will give me access to my E-mail anymore. What is the solution for this terrible loss. I have spent hours of the phone with ATT and my file is gone from their records as well, so they cannot help me.
Category: Computer
Expert:  ComputerChic replied 5 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. Data loss is never easy to deal with but I have a couple of suggestions for you. Using data recovery software can sometimes recover old files. I'm not sure if it will work because of the new OS download but that is the only direction I can suggest. Here are a couple of different sites: http://www.piriform.com/recuva or cleverfiles.com look for diskdrill.

I would also call Microsoft and let them know what happened. They need to know so they can find and fix that bug.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.comtoday, Amy

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Yes I would be willing to connect remotely for you to see if I could help with this OS problem. I sent an offer of a premium request for you.

Thanks, Amy

Here is the link to the session.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5838472b-61e5-4c91-8281-33aadf56eac8

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your suggested "fix" for my loss of E-mail access did NOT help! I cannot but think that this is only about raising revenue for yourself and not about genuinely assisting folks who honestly need real help with real computer issues!

This is about helping you but I have to follow these rules. I'll gladly refer to another technician. Thank you.