GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Lost all my apps and phone numbers

Customer Question

lost all my apps and phone numbers
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there Leroy! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Can you tell me a little bit more about what happened please? Did you lose the apps and phone numbers from your phone or from your computer(brand and model # *****)? Was there an upgrade that happened right before you lost them or did you have to swap out for a new phone? More information will help me to better help you. I'll be standing by waiting to hear.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
phone, i was pushing apps to delete some things my grandson said i had too much on
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Secure remote access won't help you, because we can only connect remotely to computers. We don't have the capability to connect to phones. Is this is an iPhone or an android phone? If it's an iphone please go to www.icloud.com and login with your Apple id and password ***** see if your contacts are stored there. If it is an Android phone, please go to https://www.google.com/contacts and look for your phone numbers there. Please let me know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

You should be able to get your apps by going to APP STORE on an iPhone or Google Play on an Android phone and clicking on PURCHASED. This will show you a list of all the apps that you have previously downloaded. If you'd like to download some of them again, just touch the download icon beside the app. You won't be charged again for anything that you've previously purchased.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

HI Leroy! It's Alison. I'm just following up to see if you still need help. If so please let me know. If my suggestions helped you to resolve issue, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. IF you still need help let me know so I can continue to work with you or "opt out" so another expert can help. Just let me know you're preference. Either way, have a great weekend!