Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I need to know how to factory reset my gateway lt20 I just

Customer Question

I need to know how to factory reset my gateway lt20 I just got it from a friend and she can't remember the password for the administrators
JA: Need to reset a password, huh? Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away.
Customer: Thank you
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well not too much I just know that i can't do very much with all the restrictions she has on it without being the administrator
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No I think that's about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a !gateway and it is running windows xp professional
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

You could try factory restoring the computer.. For which you wont need an administrator account or password.. Be warned though, this will erase all your documents, files, etc and reinstall windows and the gateway software and drivers.

Your only other option, would be to create a password ***** cd, such as Hirens Boot cd and then follow this guide to use it to change the password.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.