Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I am completely locked out of my yahoo email acct. I have

Customer Question

I am completely locked out of my yahoo email acct. I have tried all of yahoos advice to no avail .I want to recover my last password & if not then how do I get a new one .
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: 2 days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything that I could find about it on yahoo help . I am 77 yrs old & new to computing so I need step by step directions .
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes I got myself in this by trying to follow yahoos advice on getting better help with faster & simpler methods .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 8 months ago.

What options for password ***** have you been shown when you try and reset your password?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yahoo will not let me enter such a code . [email protected] .com ph # ***** (###) ###-####. Please call me at home asap as I need you to walk me step by step through this process .
Expert:  Chris L. replied 8 months ago.

Does yahoo offer you the option of texting you the code? Do you have a current mobile phone number on your yahoo account?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can get my yahoo email by getting a secure code which I have done , but it is cumbersome so I want to be able to use my password ***** Please tell me how to recover my acct. so that I can again then use my password ***** of getting a code every time that I want to access my email . (***@******.***
Expert:  Chris L. replied 8 months ago.

Ok it sounds like you have 2 step verification turned on which texts you every time you log in. You can turn that off but need your password ***** do so.

If you do not know your password ***** to this page https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username and reset your password.

Once you have reset your password ***** the following to turn off 2 step verification.

Sign into your account here: https://login.yahoo.com/account

Click Account security.
Under "Two-step verification," click the Off icon.

Once you have turned it off you should no longer need to enter a code when signing in.

If you need more help let me know.

Thanks,

Chris