Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I am installing W10 on a W8.1 computer. I get to the Welcome

Customer Question

I am installing W10 on a W8.1 computer. I get to the Welcome frame and it asks me for a password. I don't have a password. I can't go forward and I can't go back. The equipment is useless. I called the(###) ###-####tech support number. There were too many similarities to a scam company, MYPHONESUPPORT, including using the same names for spelling my e-mail number. Are they legit, or do you have any recommendations?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question,

First off, please ignore and stop any further communications with that phone number; it's a scam service, and NOT affiliated with Microsoft in any way.

Now, could you let me know what's the email address listed for your Windows account (that you are trying to retrieve the password *****)?

Please reply back to me below; thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page anytime; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. Please reply back to me below with your Windows email address; if you are not able to see any email address listed at the logon screen, no issues - just let me know. Thank you.