Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

With the my new iphone I can not get on to my email (gmail),

Customer Question

With the my new iphone I can not get on to my email (gmail), review/modify a stock portfolio to get market updates, or use the internet in general. An I phone comes with no instructions on its use leaving me in the dark. Can one acquire literature from Apple on the usage of this device. As is it is, it is a very expensive telephone with no applications. The problems stem from the requirement to input a password ***** is unknown to me. No doubt I entered one on my laptop approximately 15 years ago. None of my standard passwords work. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

You can recover the apple password ***** you know your apple id on this webpage

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password

if that does not work or you don't know your apple id you should be able to set up a new apple id on the iphone.

1. From the Home Screen, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap Create New Apple ID. ...
  3. Choose the country for the Store that will match the billing address for your payment method, then tap Next.
  4. Read the Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy, then tap Agree