Kevin T
Kevin T, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

I have used Picasa to upload photos from my camera to my

Customer Question

I have used Picasa for years to upload photos from my camera to my Dell Desktop. Yesterday, I tried to upload some 500 photos to Picasa from my camera. Picasa could not identify my camera for the upload. What do I do? Joe Cornwell
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have Windows 7. I have a standard Dell Desktop, which I have had for about 4 years. Where do I find the exact model, if you need it?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have only tried Picasa. It recognizes two of my expired printers, but not my camera. I was concerned because Picasa said it was stopping all support of the App and converting to Google Photos.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I disconnected many cables from my printer recently, and may have disconnected something significant to this issue, but the upload of photos from my camera to the computer is the only issue I have encountered.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kevin T replied 5 months ago.

It could be multiple reasons - the device could not be found as the drivers are corrupt or you are not pointing the application in the correct palce.

Would you like me to connect and have a look remotly on your PC

REgards

K