Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I just installed Windows 10 on my laptop,I would like to go

Customer Question

I just installed Windows 10 on my laptop,I would like to go back to my Windows 7 ..... HELP
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: ASUS K501J series. Sorry I'm new to this and don't fully understand things. Is this what u need?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to find things on Win10 and don't like it,so l want to go back to 7. I haven't tried anything.....
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that's all,thank you very much!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you just installed windows 10 then you can still return to windows 7.

To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”

You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back. Fill this in and let the recovery complete.

Once done, you will have windows 7 again on the computer

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you