Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I did a reset on my dell inspiron one pc, as it was

Customer Question

I did a reset on my dell inspiron one pc, as it was finishing towards the end I turned it off when it asked for user id and passwords. Upon turning it back on it is stuck on the screen "just a moment" and has been spinning ever since. What happen and how can I fix it so I can sell it or is it garbage?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer.

What have you tried so far as its spinning forever and not booting.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
nothing, unable to get into it to do anything, like I said
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

its a desktop or a laptop?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
laptop, do you people read the information we provide?? you are asking questions I already provided, let's get to resolving this can we?/No more stupid questions!
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work dont be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Enough, you either start helping or find me some one that will, no patience for this bs...let's get moving
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  SladeV replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** will help you to the best of my ability. What we need to do is a hard reset/shut down, hold down the power button and then hit F8 during boot. This should bring up, a previous restore menu, select the day before the update and you should be running like you were.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am trying to keep it wiped clean to sell, not restore it back to what it was before I did the reset
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am trying to sell the pc, so if I do this will I have to do a reset all over again to wipe the pc clean of all my files and programs to make it like new again or is their an easier way, because it took almost 4 hours yesterday to do all this.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
far, your reply/response/answer has not helped or solved my question. Any other suggestions, as I am waiting on a reply.