IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

Having "upgraded" to Windows 10, I kept having problems and

Customer Question

Having "upgraded" to Windows 10, I kept having problems and tried to restore the computer to the factory Windows 7 after the 30 day period past. However, product recovery "cannot find the backup files" and "recovery failed" I was able to install Windows 7 from a HP recovery disk, but while it appears to start, it then says "Setup is starting services" after which it jumps to Windows Error Recovery. How do I get back to the factory Windows 7? Computer is ThinkPad T540p.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

If the built-in recovery partition is still there, you should be able to restore to Windows 7 easily. Restart your ThinkPad T540p and then keep pressing the F11 key rapidly. It should load the factory restoration screen, so follow the instructions to restore to Windows 7.

Let me know how it went.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is one of the solutions I tried early on, but the F11 approach did not bring up recovery. However, it appears that by going to a command prompt screen through the Windows 10 troubleshooting dialog, I was able to reboot Windows 7 from a DVD created from a download from Since it appears that I have resolved the problem, please refund my deposit.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

OK, I am glad you resolved the problem.

I will contact the JustAnswer customer service regarding the refund now.