Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have a new Asus laptop rog and tried to view the screen on

Customer Question

I have a new Asus laptop rog and tried to view the screen on my telefunken tv using hdmi cable. the tv now shows invalid format. what do I need to do to fix it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Telefunken is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: tv model tlpl42 about 5 yrs old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried changing screen resolution on laptop and different hdmi ports and cables
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

Connect the HDMI cable to the TV and press FN and F8 together on the keyboard which will cycle through the input options. You may have to cycle through (press FN and F8 a couple of times)

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the response. I tried what you suggested and gave it some time before I cycled the next FN/F8 until I got back to the start. All I got was a blank screen or the Invalid format on the TV screen. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

On the TV, have you changed the Inputs to cycle through to the correct HDMI connection?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
works with my old laptop but not the new Asus laptop. Display settings are similar on both