Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a neat scanner receipts and it is plugged into the

Customer Question

I have a neat scanner receipts and it is plugged into the usb port and the computer recongnises it but the power light wont light up
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? Have you had problems with the USB port in the past?
Customer: mode dell all in one and it is a new computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: so no
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Good morning! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Would you mind telling me what model of neat scanner you have? Most neat scanners require an ac adapter that must be plugged into the scanner and then to the wall outlet to provide enough power to run them. I am wondering if this might be the case with your scanner.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
receipts
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it only has the port on it to plug into the usb port on the computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information. The NeatReceipts scanner is on e of the few USB-powered scanners with no AC adapter required. Can you please try plugging it into a different usb port to see if that might remedy the issue. There could possibly be an issue with that particular usb port. Most computers have several usb ports.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when you plug the neat scan receipts device into the usb port on the computer the computer beeps that it is seeing it but there is no power light on the scanner
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that didn't fix the issue
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

ok. Do NOT use any hubs or docking stations. Check all of your cable connections to make sure the cable is securely connected. Do you have another USB cable that you could use with the scanner to test and make sure that it isn't a cable problem?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have done that I have unplugged the scanner at both ends and computer beeps so it sees it but there is not power light lighting up
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nevermind I will take it to the geek squad since we bought this at best buy...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you for your time
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for letting me know. Have a great day!

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your scanner. Please check the scanner does it have an external dc or ac adapter port and let me know.