Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Have a dell optiplex 755 (vista windows 7. Installed

Customer Question

have a dell optiplex 755 (vista windows 7 . Installed widows10 , the next day screen is stuck on a black screen, pictre of a Blue window , Under that 6 balls going round and round. Thats it Cannot go to safe mode ,Do not have a restore point I am on a different computer in another room of my house
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: answered above
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried following a video on you tube no help
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
some people call the THE BLACK WINDOW OF DEATH. There is a video on you tube under windows 10 black window of death (look for video that is about 7:10,How to fix Windows 10 start up problems,Blackscreen . Bootloop,Infinite Loading)THAT IS WHAT I HAVE
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

If this is the first time it has started after the upgrade and you have not done so try just restarting the computer. sometimes that straightens it out

otherwise
If you can get the windows 10 desktop

right click on the start button
and select SETTINGS
then accounts and recovery
that should give you repair options you can try

if you cant get anywhere on the desktop but you can get to the sign in screen

at the sign in screen before you log in
there should be a button to restart the computer on the right hand side
if you hold the shift key on the keyboard down while selecting the restart option
it should bring you to a page with some repair options that you can try.

if you can not get the computer to do anything useful at all than you need a boot disk ( actually a flash drive)
you can create the flash drive using the program that you download from this page
make sure that you select the option to create a flash drive for use on other machines

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

you can put that flash drive in the computer and restart it and it should reboot from the flash drive that will give you some repair options you can try including going back to your original operating system or re installing the windows 10 totally

this post shows all of the options that you can use from the windows boot drive including how to make sure that the computer will actually boot from the flash drive

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569556/safe-mode-windows.html

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
been going on for 3 weeks tried many options CANNOT GET TO SETTINGS PLEASE VIEW THE YOU TUBE SITE I HAVE POSTED IN ONE OF MY POSTS TRIED WHAT THE VIDEO SAID TO DO STEP BY STEP , DID NOT WORK / OR I MESSED UP HERE & THERE

go to this website

it will show you several ways to get to those settings. You might have to use a windows flash drive to boot off. which you can make on this page

I don't really see any reason for me to watch a video that you already know does not work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I WOULD REALLY LIKE YOU TO CONNECT TO MY BAD COMPUTER BUT!!!! IT WILL NOT GET OUT OF THE BLACK SCREEN!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I AM TALKING (TYPING THIS MESSAGE ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER.) ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW YOU CAN REMOTELY GET ON A COMPUTER THAT IS NOT WORKING ,BLACK SCREEN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
IF YOU WANT TO CALL ME WE CAN DO THIS STEP BY STEP ON THE PHONE, IF U WOULD LIKE
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I DO HAVE A I PHONE MAYBE WE COULD USE FACE TIME
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I COULD AIM THE LENS AT THE SCREEN & U CAN WALK ME THRU STEP BY STEP

there is no way to get into the bad computer remotely

i can call you or use skype or something later this afternoon but there is an additional charge and it won't let me put up the offer on this question because there was an issue with the one the first expert put up.

can you click the thing on top to speak to customer service and see if they can resolve that issue?

my mistake i have it up now. you have to accept the offer and then we can work on it some time later this afternoon.

in the mean time you need to create a flash drive with the windows operating system on it

you can do that from this webpage but you need a flash drive of at least 4 gb

you can buy them from any place that sells computer supplies for under 10 bucks

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/470b3382c36743e084e0b8d9a7f1ca55

You need to speak to customer support about why it is not picking up your acceptance of the offer

you can reach them at(###) ###-####/p>

they can NOT help you with the computer issue

ONLY with getting the offer for premium service accepted

then I can help you with the computer :)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO DOUBLE BILL ME , THEY SAID I ALL READY HAVE BEEN CHARGED $36.00 AND I HAVE TO ACCEPT ANOTHER $36.00

the first is for the question itself to get the phone call is additional

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NOT GOING TO PAY A TOTAL OF $72.00 GOOD BY