Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Have an Asus tablet that will not power up after factory

Customer Question

have an Asus tablet that will not power up after factory reset. looking for the model number now
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: ASUS Transformer 10.1" Tablet with Windows 8.1 and Keyboard Dock
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: power cord swap, power charger changed, power and volumes button, and now trickle charge on the laptop.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your Asus tablet. Let me know if the tab is under warranty in that case i would not suggest you to open it as it may void warranty.

If it not under warranty let me know how old is it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1 year
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

that means its out of warranty is that correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

do you get a charger light when you connect it to the charger?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it is yellow, i had it on three different piwer sources including a usb outlet and now connected to the pc from last night
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

To reset the product we would need to remove the internal battery and then we can come up to a conclusion that the battery needs a replacement or not.

watch the video and remove the battery once removed press and hold down the power button on the tab for 45 seconds without connecting the battery and the charger, this will release any static power built in the tab which is preventing it to power on.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

If the battery picks up charge then the issue is fixed and if still the same you would need a new battery which can be purchsed online and you can install it by yourself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This does not look to be the same tablet
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Model number may differ, just to provide you how it can be opened and identify the battery.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not the samebat all, but i got it opened
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

try to locate the battery and the follow the steps i gave and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No joy, nothing is happening. All of rhis happened after a upgrade to the tablet
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

did the upgrade went fine or was it shut down or stopped in the middle?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i went away and came back to a blank screen.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Did the upgrade went fine or was it shut down or stopped in the middle?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it was loading and i am not sure what happen after that
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

if you are not sure then i may assume that the upgrade failed due to which the android is not booting up it has corrupted its boot files however this can only be fixed and upgraded by a phone/Tab technician which will flash the device and will install the os. Best would be to carry it along to a nearby Asus service center and tell then it has crashed and you want the Android to be reinstalled or flashed.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

The Android OS need a reinstall.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not cool