Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have a WD my book External hard drive. When I plug it into

Customer Question

Hi I have a WD my book External hard drive. When I plug it into my computer. The computer recognises it by making the connecting sound. But the lights on the drive keep flashing. I can find the drive in my drive management. But it won't come up in my computer or anything.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I am on windows 10 a HP computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: well not too much yet
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no I just want it fixed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Do you have another PC,if so have you tried connecting the WD drive on that PC to see if its working on that PC?

How old is this WD drive?

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Sir/Ma'am checking to see whether you still need my help.

Please let me know.

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

let me know when you are ready.