Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

Updated to windows 10 yesterday. Media Player doesn't

Customer Question

updated to windows 10 yesterday. Media Player doesn't recognise any of my music.
Error 0xc00d36b4. Any suggestions??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Does this error code come up when you try to play a playlist on Windows Media Player, by any chance?

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue now?

Please reply back to me below; thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Please do this to resolve the issue with the music files now:

First, RIGHT-CLICK on the volume icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen, and select "Playback devices".

Next, select your speaker device from the window that comes up, and click "Properties" (at the bottom.)

Next, click on the "Enhancements" tab at the top, and then TICK "Disable all enhancements" and "Disable all sound effects" (if listed.)

Click Apply > OK. Done that, close and re-open Windows Media Player; you should be able to play your music files all right now.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page. Thank you.