Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

S, preferably I have successfully been able to share files

Customer Question

For Dustin S, preferably
I have successfully been able to share files with individuals. So, that is working. However, my last question, hopefully, is if the person I am sharing the folder with must also have a Google Drive account. If so, that will eliminate some people who won't do that. What I have read on line sounds like that is the case. This is from Steve Gammill
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Thats sort of a grey area. While technically you do need a google account to edit the documents.. To simply view the document and download it you dont need a google account.

if you set the folder or file to anyone with a link can view it ( but you only send the link to just one person ) Then only that one person would be able to view the file ( without a google account ) unless you or the other person shared that link..

Heres how to make that change

To change the settings, open your document in google drive and click Share on the top right. Under the section titled “Specific people can access,” click Change.

In the Sharing Settings dialog, choose Anyone with the link. Then at the bottom of the dialog, under access, click Can view

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.