Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Lst nite windows 10 wanted to update. now 18 hrs later it is

Customer Question

lst nite windows 10 wanted to update. now 18 hrs later it is stuck at 9% and 31% copying files. what now? John
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: acer aspire and latest version as it was upgraded some time ago. be easy on me, i'm not well versed in computers
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: can't try anything as all i have is the screen showing what i first told you and hitting any key does not do anything. afraid to unplug it!
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First off, please press and HOLD down the Power button on the Acer laptop for atleast 30 seconds, and then release the button.

Next, press the Power button one more time to turn the laptop back on - does it boot you back into the previous version of Windows?

Please reply back to me below, and I'll provide you with further steps to troubleshoot the Windows 10 installation thereafter. Thank you.