Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry

I'm trying to restore a friends a200 satellite to factory

Customer Question

i'm trying to restore a friends a200 satellite to factory settings. i've pressing 0, f8, f12, but cannot get into the restore to factory options.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i've been trying since yesterday. I did it very easily to a friends ASUS laptop. But this is driving mr crazy.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: No, the ASUS I did easliy. it's a Toshiba Satellite A200-1M4 that I am having trouble with.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't want to troubleshoot, I want to restore to out of box factory settings.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To be sure you are doing it correctly, you power off the Toshiba.

Then hold and keep 0 (zero) held down, then power it on and keep Zero held until it enters the recovery manager.

What happens when you do this?