Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

Went from windows 8 to 10 lost favorite list, Dell ( intel

Customer Question

went from windows 8 to 10 lost favorite list
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Dell ( intel core 13)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried star top right corner I did get my email
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it for now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Which browser, e.g. Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox, did you lose the favorites on?

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue now?

Please reply back to me below; thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 3 months ago.

It looks like you were using INTERNET EXPLORER in Windows 7 earlier; Microsoft has rolled out a new browser, EDGE, with Windows 10 - so you won't be able to find your favorites using this browser itself.

To resolve this issue, please click on the search icon/bar on the taskbar at the bottom, and then type in Internet Explorer and open it up from the search results that show up above. You should find all of your favorites intact in that browser itself. Also, if you want to keep using Internet Explorer as your browser, you may right-click on Internet Explorer from the search results and select "Pin to Taskbar" - this will pin the browser icon to your taskbar for easy access later on.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five star buttons at the top of this page. Thank you!