Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My husband's computer got a security message when we tried

Customer Question

My husband's computer got a security message when we tried to log in to Firfox this morning It said call a number. I am going to get the number. I don't know if it is from Firefox.
JA: Problems logging in, huh? It happens to all of us! Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away.
Customer: The number the security warning said to call was(###) ###-#### ***** ***** a firfox number or a hacker?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I cannot shut down the message at all. I have to log out of firefox to close it down. I am now using my computer to contact firefox so I can find our the answer to my question. Frifox message or hacker?????
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 5 months ago.

This message is from adware that has taken over your Firefox browser. There are two ways we can continue here. I instruct you how to remove it, or i connect with you remove the adware, and scan the PC to make sure there are no other malwares. Let me know how you wish to proceed.