Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I sent a newsletter out last week and received the following

Customer Question

I sent a newsletter out last week and received the following notice:
Your account has one or more issues that need to be resolved. View issues
When I view issues - it says the issues are critical. I wrote a letter to compliance but have not heard back in a week. What can I do?
My account is free and I don't have that many subscribers. I work on a MAC.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Please explain the problem a bit more in detail. You are facing problem sending newsletter emails?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mailchimp has put has out my account on hold - but they don't tell me what I did wrong
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried to upgrade but can't until the issue is fixed - I can't fix the issue because I don't know what I did wrong
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Did you receive any email from mailchimp for an estimated account recovery time.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

let me know the exact error you get when you try to upgrade or login to the account.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No - just that I would be reminded to in the order I was in the cue
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

when did you get the message that you are in a queue?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent the message in my first note - a note saying answers r answered in he order they come in came with the first and only notice I have received - I'm checking rose idol sorcerers an email
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I received an auto reply at 6:50 am on the 23rd
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
R u still with me?
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

are you able to login to the mailchimp account successfully?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but I can't send anything out
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Your account may have been suspended and may not have been deactivated normally they take 48 hrs to resume service however if the case is not below mentioned.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I saw that link- it says nothing specific --
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Michelle,This isn't working - do u have a solution or way to contact Mailchimp? If not I have to move on - I'm sorry
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
connecting to my computer won't help -
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Its an optional service pop up you may be getting so you can ignore that. "Remote assistance".

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
At this point I'm not satisfied - you've tried but have not given me the answer - what do i do now?
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

i will open the question to other experts as you may try more options.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This link takes me to my Mailchimp homepage -
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I have a suggestion.. Since youre using a free mailchimp account.. Their support team will take a very long time to get back to you.

You can either, create an alternate free mail chimp account and resume using mailchimp with the new account today.

or, you can pay mail chimp and once your a paying member you will be eligible for direct support.. This is what mail chimp has to say about free accounts.

""our free account does not have access to email support. Please visit our knowledge base for articles and video tutorials to troubleshoot specific issues.

If having full access to support all the time is important to you, our paid plans start at $9."'

So, if you either make an alternate mailchimp account or upgrade your current account to a free account.. either method would allow you to resolve this issue.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thx Dustin- I can't upgrade until the issue is resolved - I don't know what the issue is - To do what u recommend in have to ask each subscriber to verify they want the newsletter - all around a pain -
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

You should be able to upgrade now, ( and im not suggesting you stay a paying member, just long enough to take advantage of their email support option as a paying member )

Does it block you from upgrading when you try?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it does - can't upgrade until the problem is solved
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Your account has probably been blacklisted and marked for termination.. Theres not a chance your email or account was hacked recently?

Something definitely triggered the ban.. I wish I had more to add.

I think the only thing left I can do to help you is send you this link.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.