Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.

I just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I have 2 BenQ monitors

Customer Question

I just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I have 2 BenQ monitors model GL 2460. Win 7 detected both monitors and I ran in "extend" mode. Win 10 only recognizes one monitor and puts the same content up on both screens. How do I get Win 10 to see that there is a second monitor. They are connected by DVI and D-Sub. I have tried upgrading the drivers. The BenQ monitor is from 2012 and has no update. I have an ATI Atom Bios. And I see the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page:

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 96 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no extras, please focus on my current problem

I was offering the remote at no cost. But if you want to do it yourself, that is okay.

- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: desk.cpL
- Click the Ok button.
- In the window that comes up, choose to "Extend the monitors" instead of duplicating.

- Click Apply.

- Click Keep Changes.

That will solve the problem.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page. To keep them handy, you may wish to bookmark or favorite one of the pages that are listed below. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!".

Profile page: