Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.

My phone says error check connection I did all is plugged in

Customer Question

my phone says error check connection I did all is plugged in still says error my computer is working fine but no phone help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I have three phones in different rooms and yes they all say error 1 no fax this is my magic ***** *****ne I don't know what dsl is I have a Panasonic phone model kx-tg6541 there are two stickers the second one has model kx-tg6545sk need any more info

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Is this the first time setting up the MJ, or have you used it previously?

Can you tell me exactly how the MJ is connected, and how the panasonic is connected to it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I have been using the magic jack for at least 3 months and didn't have any problems till today one plug is into my modem then plugged into the outlet the jack is plugged into that phone cord is attached to my phone it is the way it has always been while I was typing this my phone rang and it is now working thanks for your help nathan

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

It likely just had a temporary loss of connection to the MJ server.

If it happens again just unplug the MJ from the modem and power for a few minutes and it will usually reset itself.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?