Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

I was using my laptop yesterday morning and it was perfectly

Customer Question

I was using my laptop yesterday morning and it was perfectly fine then when I went on it later on it said error f3 and aload of numbers and says press okay to shut down , how do I fix this ?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Yesterday evening and is still going on now , then I read online ways to fix it and it started making a high pitch noise but that has stopped now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I read online to press the f8 button multiple times but that just made it make that horrible high noise
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 5 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

Can you send me screenshot of that error message ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
one moment
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here

Alright .Thank you

Are you using Toshiba's laptop ?

Hi, Your windows is not able to activate. We need to perform system recovery on your computer. This will take it to its original factory settings. Recovery can be done in two ways as explained below. 1. To recover your hard disk drive follow these steps:If the computer is running, shut it down -- by clicking Start, then Shut Down, then Shut Down again. Press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard and then depress the computer's power switch. When the computer turns on, the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility screen will appear, presenting three options:Sample TOSHIBA HDD Recovery Utility screenRestore Original Factory Image (Recommended)CAUTION: Restoring a hard disk drive to its factory default state deletes all partitions on the hard disk drive and all data stored within them. All of your files and information will be lost. be sure to back up all important files first.Press 1 to restore your hard disk drive to its original factory default state. A confirmation message will appear, indicating that all data will be overwritten and lost during the restore process. Be sure to back up all important files before proceeding. Click Yes to begin the restoration. A message will appear once the operation is finished, indicating that the HDD has been restored. Press any key to restart the computer.

2. If pressing 0 key does not initiate above recovery process, then your computer does not have the built in recovery. Then you have to use the Toshiba Recovery Disc that came with your computer.

Put the Recovery Disk into your drive and restart your computer. Restart computer and on startup screen it will mention a Key to enter setup. Press that key immediately to enter setup. Then you will find many tabs. Goto BOOT tab. Change the boot order to make the CD Drive as 1st device in Boot order list and do Save and Exit. Then restart computer making sure disc is already in CD Drive. This will load computer from recovery disc.Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I click the zero it makes that high pitch noise?

In this case you have to insert a recovery CD which you would have got when you purchased your laptop

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never mind I won't need to use the disc everything is restarting thank you very much for your help

That's great !!

Please provide you valuable rating to me.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Problem, it went to reset and asked if wanted to back my stuff up and I did all that then one it was finished it said click finish to restart so I did then it came back on made that bleeping noise and then I had to do it all over again ?

Check each and every key of your keyboard and see if there is any key which is struck with keyboard and didn't came out properly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's working again but how to I get my backed up stuff on it again?

Give me a moment. I will let you know.

Press window key and in search bar type : Backup and restore. After clikcing on it you will see a window where option to restore is available. you then just need to specify the location from where you need to restore.

Let me know if you face any problem in it.

And when you are done. Please provide your valuable rating to me.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It says theres nothing backed up but I did ?

You will have to click on browse and specify the location where you have backed up .

See the image below to get an option

Got it ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
but I don't understand what to type in

ok. Where is your backup? Is this is in your PC or you have it in CD or USB drive ?