Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

On May 14, 2016 my accounts, banking, emails were hacked and

Customer Question

Hello. On May 14, 2016 my accounts, banking, emails were hacked and I immediately closed down my computer. Since that date, I have purchased a new computer, hacking of bank account resolved but I have not been able to figure out how to find my Yahoo mail account to retrieve my outstanding mail and notify my contacts that I am again on line.
I do believe that in addition to my bank accounts being hacked that so was my Yahoo account. As I attempted to retrieve my messages via Yahoo, I received a phone call from a person identifying himself as a Yahoo representative who said that the account had indeed been compromised as was my bank account and that he as a rep of Yahoo could provide a protection program costing I believe some $200. I told him I did not believe he was a Yahoo employee that in all my many years with Yahoo no one made such a proposal before. He quickly got off the phone and left my Yahoo page. I have been trying to retrieve my messages dating back to May 14 with no success and would like to be able to do so even though most messages would now be old; my concern is that my friends may think I have died and so I would like to be able to find those messages if possible and respond asap. Can you tell me what I can or cannot do about this? I set up a new address while also attempted to find the old messages without any success.
Your expertise and advice will be gratefully appreciated.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 4 months ago.

Hello Dorothy, and thank you for choosing

Do you know what your Yahoo account Email address was?

Hello Dorothy, are you getting my messages?

Do you still need help with your Yahoo Email Account?