Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an old SCSA4601EU scanner and I am trying to download

Customer Question

I have an old SCSA4601EU scanner and I am trying to download a driver to use it, NEAT says the no longer support this model
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I never used it! a friend brought it to Chile from the US but never used it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: went to he NEAT home page to download ddriver but they insisted this scanner was
no longer supported.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: appreciate just a link to download driver. and I wand to use the scanner without the neat recognition software.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

That scanner can install and work, but it will only work on windows not a mac. So to start with, will you be installing the scanner on a windows or a mac computer?

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Windows 10
via secure remote will be better, thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nope, i can not pay 39
only written instructions pls
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are your going to send me a link for the installation via email or through this chat?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hallo???
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Ive sent the offer for remote support at a reduced price.. Its not mandatory we connect that way though. We can still continue using just written support if youd prefer. However, that scanner has a much better chance of an easy install with windows 7 and vista.. Its a bit old for windows 10.

Before you try installing the scanner, launch windows update on windows 10 and make sure its up to date..

Then, download this file.

http://downloads.plustek.com/downloads/english/driver/OpticSlimM12Plus-V4400_13L.zip

Note it shows the model as a plus tek m12.. this will work for the neat scanner you mentioned.. But it only goes up to windows 8 64 bit, so your install may not go smoothly.

Once you have downloaded and installed the scanner driver.. You can then connect the scanner and try iit with neatdesk 5.. It may not work. But, the scanner itself will function with other scanner software. Such as paper port http://amzn.to/290p4jt

Just keep in mind, this isnt a standard install.. Neat no longer supports the scanner, so were using a known working driver ( for windoiws 8 ) that works with that exact model of scanner.

And were using an alternative program to neat ( because neats software will probably check and say the scanner isnt compatible)

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Dustin. It is a first time I use thJust Answer, so let me ask You . I first paid 5 US$ for the question. And then in your email it says I will be charged the remaining 31 US$. How is this to be understood?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
because in that case the special offer of 14 is additional? or it is included in the 31?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

To be clear, after you and I work together if I cant fix the issue then your total fee would be 0$, as thats how we operate here.. Solve the issue or refund payment.

Now, the initial 5$ good faith deposit is worded poorly, the site charges the 5$ to ensure your credit card or payment source is valid. And once weve messaged back and forth a few times and youve received an answer.. The remaining balance ( 31$ ) is then charged.. Though those numbers change depending on the question category.

With that being said.. Our initial cost is set as low as possible, any additional support such as phone support or screen sharing is in addition to the initial fee.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Dustin, in this case I want to complain about the misleading page that makes you think the answer costs 5 US$. I would not have asked 36 US$ for a question of an old scanner when a new one costs less than that.
I want to ask for a refund anyway. Do I solve this with you?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

You cant really think that verified technicians charge 5$ US. When I show up on site its 75$ minimum and 50$ per hour.

Also, I provided a solution to an issue that Not even Neat could provide.. The knowledge and expertise Ive relayed to you to solve a problem that the manufacturer tells you is unsolvable, and you ask for a refund after receiving a correct answer that you would have been lucky to find, anywhere.

And a new neat scanner costs upwards of 200$.. So youre very wrong about that as well.. For instance http://amzn.to/293ts52 thats 200$ for a used neat scanner..

However, here is the refund link. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Im opting out of this question. Please dont expect any further replies from me personally.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Again thank you for your answer. And don´t be mad at me! As I said this was my first use of Just Answer so it was not a thought decision. I always meant to say that I was wrong to have asked. Well, but now that I paid, I will follow your instructions and see how I progress. Will contact you anyway and I appreciate your understanding, also by poor english .
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Understood.

And dont forget, I did include the refund link in case you decide not to pursue this issue. Here it is again.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0