Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

How do i take my acer aspire 5520 back to factory settings

Customer Question

how do i take my acer aspire 5520 back to factory settings
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Step 1: Start Acer Aspire laptop, and when you see Acer screen, press F2 to enter BIOS screen. In Main option, set D2D Recovery as “Enabled”.

Tips: This has to be made sure, otherwise, system restore would not complete successfully.

Step 2: Press F10 to save and exit BIOS. When you see Acer screen again, press ALT + F10. Until “Acer eRecovery” option appears, choose it and press Enter.

Step 3: Select “Restore System to Factory Default Settings”.

Step 4: Now that may needs to type password ***** you have set password ***** ET.

After you type correct password, make sure data would be covered and click “OK” to begin system restore.

Step 5: Until system restore reaches 100%, message “Recovery has been completed” pops up. Click “OK” to restart laptop.

Step 6: Don’t shut off and wait for some minutes.

Step 7: System basic settings window pops up.

Step 8: Read the license agreement and agree it by ticking “I agree license agreement”.

Step 9: Type user and password, and confirm password.

Step 10: Choose “Recommended Settings”. Type previous password, and press Enter.

Step 11: Install Empowering Technology at last. And then reboot laptop to subscribe McAfee.

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.