GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

Window10 not accept my password, it means I have to change

Customer Question

Window10 not accept my password, it means I have to change password. How to do this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. on your windows screen do you see an email address right above the box where you enter your password?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If there is a an email address associated with your Windows 10 login ( which is the most common setup) then you can use the following instructions to help you reset the password. Once the password ***** been reset, you can then log into your computer with the new password.

How To Regain Access to Microsoft Account
Please go this website:
Make the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my
password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click
On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the
“CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case,
click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you
have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been
entered correctly, please click next.
On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to
the recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to the
recovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.
This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how you
used this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that you
emailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is to
establish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, they
will be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questions
to the best of your ability.
Hopefully this will help you to regain access to your account. If you are satisfied with my answers, please
provide a good rating. If you are not satisfied, please do not rate me yet. Please give me the opportunity
to clarify any instructions that may have been unclear and to provide any additional assistance that may
be needed. Your 100% satisfaction is my goal!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!