Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I forgot my login password on an Acer pc. I 't know how to

Customer Question

I forgot my login password ***** an Acer pc. I don't know how to get past it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Acer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's an all-in-one . I'm an old lady and really don't know much about this. Where would I look to find the model?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I looked online and found some steps I that were supposed to help by pass the password, but it didn't work. I don't want to have to use the recovery because I have a lot of saved images.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: How much does it cost and can I pay with Pay-Pal?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

What do you have up on the screen on the Acer PC, is it the Windows logon screen?

If so, is there an email address written as the username or something else?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have forgotten the log-in password ***** I haven't turned that pc on for about a year. I had it checked and it is still operational, but needs an up grade and I can't get past the first screen! I've tried every combination of password *****'ve ever used. Nothing. What can I do?
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Did you get my initial reply?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just paid $36.00 for something and I don't even know what and I couldn't possibly tell you what the user name is. My e-mail is***@******.*** but that doesn't get me past that first screen.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

On the Acer PC, do you see the Windows logon screen with a username/password *****?

If so, my question was whether you see an email address as the username or if it's just a username.

Also, if you could tell me what version of Windows you have on the Acer it would help.

The price quotes on the screen is for remote help, it would let me fix it for you from the computer you're on now.

Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

-

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't remember the version of windows. The pc is about 2 years old if that helps. When I turn it on there is a screen with nothing but a password ***** box, my name and email address. Can't get anywhere else with out password.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Great.

Is the email you see on the screen***@******.*** ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it isn't connected to the internet but I can hook it up in seconds if you need me to.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

I sent you a quote to get this resolved asap via remote - if you don't see it, click on View Offer and it will come up.

Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

It would be good if you could hook it up to the internet too

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nevermind, this is too frustrating. Thanks for trying to help, but this is all too much.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

I understand you just want it to work and we can, we just need to go through the necessary steps to get it going again.

So you understand, the email you have on there is an AOL address, and the computer needs it to be a Microsoft account.

In order to do that I have to help you convert it into a Microsoft account.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
INo
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Can you check your AOL email address from the computer you're on now?

Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Check your AOL inbox for an email from Microsoft and verify it