Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I had to change password on FB yesterday night and they sent

Customer Question

I had to change password ***** FB yesterday night and they sent me a message saying I tried too many times, so now I had to get a new password, change email and I have to wait 24 hours. None of my friends can see me on FB, I am deactivated until the 24 hours are over?
JA: A Facebook question, huh? Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with will know just what to do, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one.
Customer: OK
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: There is no troubleshooting because I can't log in to Facebook at all. It just says "you must wait 10 hours to login with new password ***** email" but my friends cannot see me anymore, like my account is GONE. Is it GONE or will it be on again when I log in? Again, there is no one to contact at FB and their help community doesn't give an answer
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Basically, just that. No one can see me and I have to wait the 10 hours and then WILL I be able to get back in???
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Please rest assured; Facebook has simply deactivated your account temporarily after you changed your login email address and password ***** this is a standard automated measure taken for safety reasons; for example, if someone else had changed your login info instead of you, this will would have allowed you ample time to get to know that your account had been compromised and to take further steps as needed. Your account will be completely re-activated after the waiting period, so there's no need to worry.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

And, kindly do not forget to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page. Thank you!

Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

(Please do not accept any remote offer if it shows up on this page; it's sent automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue, and I'll reply back to you below now.)

Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

Coming to your follow up question that you posted on the other question page, yes - since your account has been temporarily disabled/deactivated by Facebook, it will not be visible to your friends either. After the waiting period ends, you will be able to log in using your new email address and password ***** and then access your account normally thereafter.

Please do not open up any further duplicate questions, but let me know on this page itself (using the Reply box below) if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks!