Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I cannot print in "portrait". It is stuck in "landscape" --

Customer Question

I cannot print in "portrait" for email. It is stuck in "landscape" -- when I try to change it and then hit "ok" -- it pops up a message saying - "some of the settings you changed may not work in Outlook. To control print settings in Outlook, use the page settings dialog box."
I cannot find the dialog box and no matter how many times I change it portrait, it reverts to landscaped and that message pops up.
It does print properly from websites, from windows documents but won't print from email. This just happened overnight -- I don't know why it changed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please Gary which version of outlook you are using?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.