Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I have the seagate slim external hard drive and forgot my

Customer Question

I have the seagate slim external hard drive and forgot my password ***** it. How can I reset the password ***** losing the data on the hard drive?
JA: Need to reset a password, huh? Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away.
Customer: Thanks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just entering the password ***** thought it was, it keeps telling me that it is the wrong password
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. The safest way would be to use a date recovery program and copy the files from your drive. After that you can format it and start over.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is an external hard drive that has a password ***** it. A Data Recovery program would take the files off without a password?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Yes it would. That is what this recovery program does, but it is not free unfortunately. Check this LINK for more information.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Do you have any further questions?