Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Is there a diagnostic utility the DIMM slots on an Intel

Customer Question

Is there a diagnostic utility for checking the DIMM slots on an Intel mobo DH67BL?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hi Gary! Unfortunately, the only way to check your motherboard's memory slots is to place a working RAM stick into each one and see if your machine boots properly. Remove all RAM sticks and place one you know is functional into the first slot on your motherboard. Boot your computer. If it starts without problems, you know that stick and that slot are good. Power down and move the stick to the next slot. It sounds as if you've pretty much already done this.

I wish there were a utility to make the process easier or to confirm the results of your testing, but I'm afraid there isn't. :-(