Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My aol was on my desktop and now it will not open on my

Customer Question

Hello, My aol was on my desktop and now it will not open on my desktop. I hate opening on internet explorer. The desktop icon is there and when I click on it it says to restart my computer - I do but it does not help. Any suggestions? I do not like opening my mail on internet explorer. Linda
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnser

I am looking into your issue. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

What exact error message you are getting when it is saying you to restart your machine ? Is it asking you to install any updates or latest a version ?

Which operating system you are using ?

Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 3 months ago.

Hi Linda,

Are you still having this issue ?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi Linda . My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. If you'd like, I can connect to your computer and remotely fix this for you while you watch. SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE is a PREMIUM SERVICE that usually costs $39, but I will send you an offer for the service at the lowest price that we can charge for a PREMIUM service ($5) simply because you have been waiting for help for quite some time now. If you'd prefer that I provide detailed written instructions to help you uninstall and reinstall the AOL app. I would be happy to do so, but I will need to what operating system you are using.

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X