Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

My yahoo inbox has deleted all emails from yesterday years.

Customer Question

My yahoo inbox has deleted all emails from yesterday for several years. The inbox messages up to may 2016 are i DELETED and then there are none at all ?!
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: Just saw it today and it has deleted INBOX from yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried looking into all other folders to see if they were somehow forwarded there and also checked to see there were no filters that were forwarding messages.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It's possible that this is an automatic reaction to your quota of Yahoo! email messages, or the space used by them, being exceeded or filled up.

How long have you had this Yahoo! email account? do you delete many of the emails from it regularly? and what usage of its alotted space has the account occupied recently?

And also: did you receive a lot of emails that you did not delete, that had (large) attached files, such as photos?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
many emails not deleted over number of years but has never been a problem. Lots of photo sending and receiving too

Then, unless you shared the password ***** your account, automatic culling of emails from your account is unfortunately rather probable under the circumstances, I'm sorry to say.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am being told that hat is not he case that they can automatically cull and that it may be a third party sever that has redirected them? I don't have an unusually high volume and am sitting with people that have 10s of thousands of emails in their inboxes?

OK. Then try logging in to your email account with Yahoo! by way of a web browser on your computer - that access may differ and still show all your older emails present, if you have been accessing your email through an email program such as MS Outlook.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No different when I do it on a web browser.

That's disappointing.

With what program do you normally access your email? I'm wondering whether there might be some trace in it of the apparently lost emails.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I access via the email icon which brings up Chrome

I don't know what else to say, except: Contact Yahoo! support if you like, to ask basically "what happened?" and they might possibly have any number of answers to this problem. Or even, doubtfully, they might restore the missing emails.