Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Just checking if YippieMove Can move Sympatico.ca ( Canada)

Customer Question

Just checking if YippieMove Can move Sympatico.ca (Bell Canada) Outlook files on Outlook iPad app on iPad to bellsouth.net also on Outlook on iPad
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: Since Sympatico.ca started in Canada, probable 30 years...
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Bell Canada and Outlook (Microsoft) and research on The web. That is how The chat site came up
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes, smtp.mail.yahoo.com is The bellsouth.net host, and smtph.sympatico.ca is The Sympatico host, and i use an iPad, with The Outlook app, but Can if absout l'y needed, Can turc on a Windows tablet with Outllok Office
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Im not sure i understand what your trying to accomplish exactly.

.

I need to ask you some questions.....

Your outlook files Sympatico.ca (kept in a file called a PST file) on your computer, and you want all those files to be moved to "bellsouth.net"?

Are you referring to bellsouth.net as ANOTHER email address folder WITHIN the outlook App?

.

Maybe you could show me what you mean?

Would you be okay with having a Remote Session?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I ma on an iPad,
Outlook app on iPad has 2 Accounts:***@******.*** (host is smpth.sympatico.ca) and 2nd account***@******.***, host is smtp.mail.yahoo.com. I have folders (files) in both Accounts. I Can move items in The Sympatico.ca account from one Sympatico.ca folder to another Sympatico.ca folder, but I cannot move an item from a Sympatico.ca folder to a bellsouth.net folder.
Remote is OK, Can you do iPad remote?

Oh, thats right.....the remote does not work on an iPad.

.

So unfortunately a remote is not possible.

.

However, you are correct......you can not move emails from one account folder to a different account folder.

.

But, Im curious as to WHY you are wanting to do this?

Do you just want all emails from BOTH accounts, to be saved on 1 account? So that all of your emails are displayed under the Bellsouth.net account?

So that when somebody sends you an email to your sympatico.ca account, it will show up in your bellsouth.net inbox?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello? Just checking if you received my answer

Did you see my questions?

I put them again here just in case you didnt.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Reason to transfer (move) files, folders, e-mails from Sympatico.ca Bell Canada account to bellsouth.net is because my Sympatico.ca Outllok account will be cancelled once I cancel Bell Canada (I am Moving). I would like to move The Sympatico ACCOUNT folders to The bellsouth ACCOUNT.

I understand.

And to be honest, it would be best to LEAVE them as seperate accounts.

It will keep your PST file from becoming TOO LARGE, and becmoing corrupt.

.

Also, it doesnt matter if the account gets cancelled, your outllok will not delete or remove or do anythign with your account or your emails. They will remian just as they are now...no changes. The only thing that will change is that you wont be able to SEND or RECEIVE email on that account anymore......THATS ALL!

.

My recommendation here is to leave the accounts seperate.

Nothign will be lost, and nothign gets accidently deleted, or mergerd improperly.

.

I know this isnt what you had in mind.....but its the best way to keep all the accounts contents intact.

Outlook does NOT like to have emails of one account being saved in another account. Outlook flags, and causes you to have to make changes to the outlook App to allow it from constantly warnign you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, but when I cancel the Bell Canada service, I will no longer have access to my Sympatico.ca Outlook account, So I Will no longer be able to see my Sympatico.ca folders, e-mails etc. The reasons I know this is because I did CANCEL Bell, and afterwards I could not access the [email protected] Outlook account, I could still access the bellsouth.net Outlook account. I called Bell, they restored my Sympatico access, and of course then restored the cost of a Bell land Line access to the bill.... This is why I want to transfer all Sympatico folders, files, e-mails that are in The Sympatico.ca Outlook account to the bellsouth.net Outlook account.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is an issue for all Bell Canada customers who want to switch to another Carrier. In my case, I have to switch because BELL CANADA does not offer service in the US, and I am Moving to FL.... Bellsouth.net works everywhere, it is hosted by à Yahoo server...

So, your saying that you cant see ANY of your Sympatico emails (even old emails) when you are using your MS Outlook and, lets say that the internet isnt working at the moment. You should still be able to SEE all the emails you have received.

Unless you are NOT saving them?

Allow me a few moments to see if Sympatico.ca is doing something different with their users email accounts.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I see Sympatico e-mails in Outlook, and folders, as long as I remain a Bell Canada landline Internet custiomer. Even if the Internet is NOT working. As son as I CANCEL Bell, access to the Sympatico server is cut....
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Outlook app cannot access The Sympatico Account, it is as if The Account has been deleted from Outlook

Interesting......you SHOULD be able to save those emails.......even if you are NOT a Sympatico customer anymore.

They are YOUR emails.

I dont see anythign strange they are doing......so im checking the setting for SAVING emails offline

If you want, we could do a remote session on that computer that has the Outlook, and save your email files from Sympatico.ca onto a seperate place.

Then, we can try to import them into your Bellsouth.net account.

.

Remote Session might take awhile though, so let me know when or if you want to proceed.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not have Time to start up The Windows tablet, so No Thank you for a Remote