Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How can I dump windows which is nothing but a pain and

Customer Question

how can I dump windows which is nothing but a pain and restore my windows 98
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Are you having issues because your system upgraded to Windows 10? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How long has it been since it was upgraded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2-3 months but just today all of my desk top icons disappeared and I can't get them back

Okay. We can fix the current issue of missing desktop icons, but we won't be able to restore it back to the earlier version of Windows. What happens if you right click the desktop, and choose view -> show desktop icons?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find anything that says desk top

There is nothing that says Desktop, Desktop is the original screen where you had the icons. When you right click in a blank space, it will pull up a menu from where you can choose View -> Show Desktop Icons.

If you are having issues with the steps, i can connect remotely and fix it by myself. Let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all those windows 10 tiles on the screen and clicking in a blank space does not bring up a drop down menu

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly and fix it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this in ADDITION TO THE 40.00

Yes, the remote service is an additional service but it is a guaranteed service.

I sent you the request for remote service, please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I'll find an answer somewhere thanks

I can help you here. There is no need to find an answer somewhere else. If you don't want remote, then that's fine because i can instruct you here. Please tell me if you clicked on the desktop screen in the empty space or you clicked on the start menu (where the tiles are)? I am assuming the icons are missing from your desktop screen the one that comes up when you start the computer (not the tiles in the start menu)