Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Restarted computer per instructions and now nothing. Can't

Customer Question

Restarted computer per instructions and now nothing. Can't see screen totally black. Please call and help get this back up. (###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnwer

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Have you already tried manually powering your computer back down, and then then back on? To turn it off (completely), hold in the computer's power button for 20 full seconds (be sure to hold it in for the full time, even if it appears the computer shuts down in the meantime). Afterward, wait 10 seconds, and then press the power button to turn your computer back on.

Does that deliver you to the login screen, or merely return you from where you started. Please let me know, and I'll do my best to help you fix that.