Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Software Development Engineer
94796889

I tried doing a factory reset on my ROG G752VL,when got to

Customer Question

I tried doing a factory reset on my ROG G752VL,when got to 10% a error message said it can't continue due to error. I manually shut it off and when I tried to reboot the start up logo keeps going on for 10 secondsthen off for 5 seconds, it keeps repeating that. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your question.

It sounds like you are doing everything right. Did you get an error message? My first thought is either the restore partion is corrupt or you hard drive has some bad sectors and/or is going bad.

You may want to try restoring using ab Asus recovery discuss image instead of the built in restore.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This laptop is only 3 days old, it did not come with a restore disk. I got a error message that either boot from Samsung (something) dont remember what 2nd option was. I chose 1st option, the one with Samsung something or other. My name is ***** ***** the way
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ben, are you still actively working on my issue? Jim

Hi Jim. I guess if you just bought it and it is failing a factory restore I would suggest swapping it out at the store. I know it is a pain, but that might be your best bet.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How can you connect when I can not even get my laptop to boot?

I cannot connect when you can't boot. That is why I am suggesting exchanging it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, I'll do that. Since there was no solution, I should be credited my $40.00 back, is that correct?

Jim, we an work on it if you want. I am just trying to give you the best course of action. If I had a 3 day old computer that gave an error on factory restore, I would exchange it myself. If it was an older machine, I would likely try to fix it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will return it. my next question is will I be credited my $40.00 back since there was no workable solution?

Well if you want to work through it Jim, I would be happy to try to get the machine working. I am very sorry that my answer wasn't able to be press F6 instead and it will fix it for you. I totally love responding to those questions. However, above all I try to answer questions honestly and treat customers how I want to be treated. If you feel I answered your question, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please rate my answer. If instead you feel I have not provided any value, you may request a refund.

Please note experts on this site are not employees, we are independent contractors who only get paid if you are satisfied with the answers provided. I personally just signed up to be an expert a few days ago and I am having fun helping people and earning a little spending money after my day job as a software developer. I am so sorry I didn't have an easier resolution to your issue Jim. If you want to try to get this computer working, we can... Let me know

If you feel I have provided value less than the amount you paid but still think I helped you, you may ask me for further help and I would be happy to respond even after you rate me. Thanks! :)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like more help, but where to start?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
By hitting f2 on a reboot the only thing I get is Aptio Setup utility, I beleive it is the bios page

That sounds like the bios, yes. Quick question Jim, if it is a new computer, why do you want to factory reset it? Just curious. :)

I am trying to make sure I helps you get your goals accomplished.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I understand
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ben, are you still working on it?

You know, I apologize but I cannot seem to find anything on this issue for your machine. I apologize.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please then, I would like a refund, I know you tried, I am on disability and I really can"t afford the extra money.Thank You Again. Can you send a verification of refund please?

I am sorry, but I am an expert, we don't handle billing. You will want to contact customer support.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like a refund, I'm not 100% satisfied. Thank You

I understand you want a refund, but I don't work with the money. You will need to contact customer service. I provided the link as a courtesy. Please understand I'm not making any money helping you with this, but I'm trying to just make your day easier and hopefully next time you have a question I can provide service and earn the payment for a successful answer. Thank you and have a nice day!